A weak password is still the #1 way hackers break into your network. In fact, 81% of the total number of breaches last year utilized weak or stolen passwords!
Here’s what a GOOD password should contain:
- A minimum of eight characters
- Uppercase and lowercase letters
- At least one number and one symbol (#, for example)
- No complete words, like “PaSsWord123#.” While this meets the requirements, a hacker’s brute-force software will crack that in seconds.
- Never reuse a password for multiple accounts (like making your Facebook and LinkedIn passwords the same).
Have questions about cyber security or some other IT-related issues? Book Now to book a quick, 15-minute session, or call 480-999-5468 to speak to someone now.